Published on May 7th, 2015 | by Betty E0
A Guide To Social Logins
SEO or search engine optimization is used to boost your online presence whereby improving your business. You might easily find many companies offering SEO services in Kerala. Social networking sites play a vital role in the current society. They have become an integral part in the life of most people. Social networking sites are considered as one of the best platforms for online marketing. Most of the SEO techniques are done with the help of social networking sites. This article discusses about social logins and how to use them.
Apps or applications are one of the latest trends in technology. People use different apps for various purposes. Most of these apps allow people to login them using their social networking accounts. You might find various apps which will allow you sign up and login using Google+, Facebook or Twitter. While signing up, you will only need to provide the username and password. Social login can be referred to as a software design pattern which allows people to access different systems using the same username and password. It is also known as social-sign in or social sign on. Nowadays, most of the apps offer this facility. Though they are beneficial in many ways, you will have to be careful while signing up using your personal social networking site’s accounts.
There are several advantages for social login-
- The users can sign up It takes a very little time to sign up to such sites and apps
- Less time consuming. The user doesn’t need to fill various lists and forms to sign up
- The user will have fewer web apps to deal with if he/she is using social login
- Familiarity and trust to the user
- Authentication is done by the app through an additional layer of verification process
- Implementing social logins with Facebook and Google+ are mostly free
- Personalised user experience
- Makes the app more engaging
- Reduced forgot password requests and failed login attempts
- Spam protection
Why some apps and websites are not providing social logins:
Though social plugins are beneficial, some may choose not to provide the option for their users. There are various reasons for this:
- It needs dependence on external platforms. Using any service from third-party services may cause you to change the terms and conditions. They might need to face lots of restrictions. When the third-party makes changes to their services, the app may need to restrict or close their services
- Privacy concerns does matter when it is about using a third-party platform. Some use the third-party service to save the user’s data.
- The developers might need to create a system that is different from the traditional email sign-in system.
- Business identity struggle might take place when one has to use other website’s buttons in the login forms.
If you use the social logins immensely, you might need to be careful about various things. It will be good to limit the number of social login options if you want to protect your privacy.