Published on June 25th, 2013 | by MoniqueJones180
BlackBerry Q10 is for Keyboard Fanatics
Buying a BlackBerry Smartphone today may not be the wisest decision that you can make at present. If you are looking for high-end Smartphones that can respond to the general needs of any business, then the best choice would be Samsung Galaxy S3/S4 or iPhone 5. These two handsets represent some of the few top performing Smartphones available for your consideration.
But sometimes, there are instances where you or your company will require specific features on your Smartphone that can make you take the unpopular, if right decision. For example, if you require a handset that has the best email apps and services and an excellent physical keyboard to boot, then choosing a BlackBerry Smartphone is the best decision. Blackberry (nee Research in Motion) has become known for its superb physical keyboard and its ability to hold multiple email accounts.
Also, if you are looking for the perfect mobile device that you can integrate with your business communication system, then the BlackBerry Q10 is more than qualified for the job. It is an excellent companion to the functionality offered by telephone service providers such as RingCentral, among others.
Here are some of the additional facts that you have to know about the BlackBerry Q10:
- It sports the latest and most advanced operating system of BlackBerry, the BlackBerry 10.1.
- The BlackBerry Q10 takes much from the design principle of other BlackBerry Smartphones, that is, it is endowed with a professional and clean look as opposed to the more vibrant designs of say, Nokia Lumia 900.
- The body of BlackBerry Q10 is made of specially-treated aluminum that is designed to withstand scrapes and scratches. This also performs the dual task of protecting the chassis and resist bending and flexing of the device.
- There is a Micro-USB port, as well as a Micro-HDMI connection to output video and then to the TV on the left side of the device.
- The BlackBerry Q10 measures 4.7” tall, 2.6” wide and 0.4” thick.
- BlackBerry claims that the Q10’s keys are 30 percent bigger than in previous models. Its keyboard is laid out in such a way that all of the Smartphones 35 keys are located in four rows.
- This device has a lackluster screen. Sporting only a 3.1” display, the BlackBerry Q10 has a screen resolution of a mere 720 x 720p, which is paltry even for last year’s standards.
- Some of the most useful features that comes with the BlackBerry Q10 include true multi-tasking, an ability to support multiple emails, BlackBerry Hub, Documents to Go, and a host of social networking sites, just to name a few.
- In terms of connectivity, BlackBerry Q10 has support for Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, NFC, and Bluetooth 4.0.
- Camera performance for this handheld device is not something to write home about. BlackBerry, after all, is known for its disappointing camera specs and software. Its 8MP camera is not helped by its no-frills camera app.
- This device houses a 1.5GHz dual-core processor that gives the BlackBerry Q10 excellent responsiveness that provides smooth switching between multiple apps, browsers, and menus. Web surfing on this Smartphone, however, lags behind its competitors, which may come across as a serious impediment for some.
- On a positive note, BlackBerry Q10’s battery life is commendable. You can use this device for well over an entire day before you need to charge it again.