Published on July 2nd, 2013 | by MoniqueJones180
Comparing The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini With The Galaxy S4
South Korean company Samsung Electronics’ latest flagship smartphones offer you with a world of wonders with its high-end specifications and flawless performance. That is why many consumers prefer this device over any other smartphones in the market. Maybe this is partly due to the residual success of the Samsung Galaxy S3 which became the best selling Smartphone in the world last year.
While truly the Samsung Galaxy S4 is a great device, not many can afford the high cost that is comes with. This sad fact may have prompted the company to release a smaller and more affordable version of the Smartphone. This trend started when the Samsung Electronics released the Samsung Galaxy S3 mini last year.
But how does the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini compare with the Samsung Galaxy S4 in terms of various features and specifications? To be sure, the former is a downgraded version of the latter in order to end up with a smaller price. Yet at the end of the day, will the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini be able to respond to the needs of your company, especially when it comes to tasks that concerns business communication? In order to help you weigh on these questions, we made a comparison between the salient specifications of both devices. Read on below for you to be able to make an informed decision:
- Obviously, the Samsung Galaxy S4 is the larger device between the two. It measures 70 x 137 x 7.9mm and weighs 130g. The Galaxy S4 mini on the other hand, has a dimension of 61 x 125 x 8.9mm and weighs a mere 108g.
- The Samsung Galaxy S4, of course, has a larger screen. Its 5” panel boasts of a pixel resolution of 1080 x 1920, which translates to a pixel density of an astounding 441ppi, which is second only to the HTC in terms of pixel density. Meanwhile its miniature version will have a 4.3” that packs a measly 540 x 960p resolution, giving its pixel density of just 356ppi. Both smartphones uses the Super AMOLED technology favored by Samsung.
- When it comes to performance, the Samsung Galax S4 clearly emerges as the winner. It has an octa-core Exynos processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. Meanwhile, the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini is fitted with a 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 dual-core processor with 1.5GB of RAM.
- Because it has larger space, the Galaxy S4 also requires a larger battery, in this case the Smartphone houses a 9.8Wh or 2600mAh removable battery. But this does not automatically mean that it will have a better battery life. With a lower-end specs and smaller screen, the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini sports a 7Wh or 1900mAh battery.
- In terms of camera specs and performance, the Samsung Galaxy S4 also wins over its miniature version. It is fitted with a 13MP rear-facing camera and a 2MP front-facing that can record video in Full HD 1080p resolution. The Samsung Galaxy S4 mini, on the other hand, harbors pretty decent specs, too, boasting of an 8MP rear-facing camera and 1.9 front-facing snapper. These cameras can also record videos in Full HD 1080p resolution.
- Both Smartphones run on the latest edition of the Android operating system, which is the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. They also sport Samsung’s own TouchWiz user interface. There is also a compendium of available apps for you such as S Translator, S Voice, and Group Play, among others.