Published on August 7th, 2013 | by Idania.Silvia0
Shopping For Web Hosting? Consider These Factors
Developing and maintaining a website can be a daunting task for any individual or business, unless they have a complete know-how of how it works. However, whether you are a small or a large business type, shopping for web hosting can turn out to be an arduous. With a multitude of web hosting companies available on the internet, it often becomes quite confusing while making the choice for the right company. The Confusion doubles up when these companies project themselves as the best service providers and offer a luring range of services at great prices.
However, there are many factors that you must consider before deciding to associate with a web hosting company. While you already have a website designed by your web designer, it is imperative to understand the stature of your website before looking towards a service provider. There are different kinds of websites which have their own specific requirements and thus, there exists a need to understand this in order to help your business website attain maximum visibility on the World Wide Web.
Web Hosting Dynamics
- Now that you have a comprehensive know-how of your website, also know the disk space that it would need on the web server. Typically a basic HTML website with about five WebPages will not need a web space of more than 250 MB. However, if it is a flash or a high end gaming website or even an e-commerce website, it would need a larger disk storage space on the server in comparison. There are many web hosting service providers who offer basic packages that includes a decent server hosting space and a bandwidth that is more than enough for most of the websites, unless it is one that is high end. A premium website ideally comprises of audio and video content, graphical images of high resolution, flash presentations etc. Such kind of websites will require a larger hosting space and bandwidth in order to help the visitors gain easy access.
- If you are a large business with multiple sub businesses or elements, then considering the number of web domains that can be hosted on the server is very crucial. Large scale businesses usually support their main website with multiple sub domains that act as the main medium to lure the visitors and drive more traffic towards the website. This is considered as one of the greatest assets on the web media front of the business.
- One important factor that needs to be checked before moving ahead is the software and database used on your website and its compatibility with the web hosting server. Usually there are two types of servers, the Linux and the Windows servers. Each of these are feature specific and thus should be opted for only after gaining a thorough knowledge about it or by seeking professional help.
- A decent web hosting package offered by a service provider also includes email options along with the bandwidth and disk storage space. There are businesses with over 50 or 100 employees who would need an official email id. This feature can be a very warming one for the employees. Also, there is no limit for the number of email ids that need to be used in the package, there are many packages where the web hosting company offers unlimited email boxes to their clients which can be used without any hassles.
- A good and noteworthy web hosting service provider is one who offers a 24 hour technical support to the clients. There can be a server error or a downtime anytime and this leads to the blockage in the website’s visibility. This is where the technical support team is contacted. A reliable service provider is one who is at the client’s customer service whenever required either via phone or email. The support team must be well versed with the varied features of web hosting packages, benefits, work around time, maintenance and downtime assistance and lot more.
- Another important factor to be noted is the monetary care taken while making the purchase. Make sure that the service provider understands your business needs and suggests a package in accordance to the same. This way, the service providing company also carves a niche place for itself with this business.
With these possible factors that are quite easy to be taken care of, a website owner can very well decide on the company’s web hosting service provider. This is one of the most crucial processes that need to be handled very carefully; as ultimately; it is the business website which will become the face of the company, soon.