Published on October 29th, 2015 | by Alice Aires0
The Guide For Email To Case Salesforce
This feature assists your company to resolve efficiently and correspond with clients’ inquiries through email. Salesforce creates cases automatically and case fields are auto-populated when clients send messages to the specified email addresses. It is available in Salesforce Lightning and Classic Experience. It is also available in the Developer, Professional, Performance, Unlimited and Enterprise editions.
User permissions are required for:
Setting up of the Email to Case Salesforce: “Customize Application”
For enabling Email-to-Case: “Modify All Data” and also “Customize Application”
There are several differences between On-Demand and normal Email to Case Salesforce.
The normal version requires downloading of the agent. This allows you retain all email traffic in the confines of your network’s firewall as well as accept emails that are larger than 25 MB. It is a prerequisite for you to install the agent onto your local PCs prior to Salesforce processing your organization’s support emails.
The On-Demand version uses Apex email services which converts the emails to cases. There is no requirement for downloading and installing an agent behind the company’s network firewall. This version is used when you are in no need of keeping email traffic in the confines of your firewall, and also when it is not a requirement for you to accept attachments on emails that are larger than 25 MB.
These two versions assist the company to efficiently accept and resolve inquiries from customers through the company emails. In Salesforce, ‘Case Object’ is used for tracking down a constituent problem or issue that requires a resolution. Similar to most features on Salesforce, you are able to rename it to “Issue” or “Request.”
A number of organizations use this feature to push cases into Salesforce. Once a constituent sends an email to a designated address, the feature forms a case in Salesforce and proceeds to auto-populate the case fields based on the content within the message. This makes for an efficient function which eliminates the process of copying and pasting content from your inbox
The Steps For Email To Case Salesforce
Prior to enabling and configuring this feature, you will be required to download and also install the feature’s agent onto your local PC:
- From ‘Setup’, enter ‘Email-to-Case’ in the ‘Quick Find box’, and then select ‘Email-to-Case’.
- Select ‘Edit’.
- Select ‘Enable Email-to-Case’.
- Configure the settings for this feature.
- Select ‘Save’.
- Downloading the agent allows you to retain all the email traffic confined in the network’s firewall and it also accepts large emails from customers of more than 25 MB.
Agent Installation Is Done Behind Your Company’s Network Firewall:
Enable ‘Email to Case Salesforce’ and then embark on configuring the settings.
- Configure settings for your routing address in order to customize the mode in which Salesforce will handle emails from your customers.
- Test your addresses for your email routing via sending the emails manually to them and then follow up to verify that the emails do indeed convert to cases founded on the settings for the routing address.
- Add the address of the email you configured to the support website of your company. This email address is what your customers will use when sending queries to the support team.
- Add the related list of Emails to the page layout of Cases.
- Alternatively, create agents templates they can use when responding to email. These templates may have merge fields displaying content from the original email when they are replying.